PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY. YOU WILL NEED TO CONFIRM THAT YOU ACCEPT THEM BEFORE YOU ARE ABLE TO USE THIS SITE
Terms of website use
Information about us
https://app.rainbird.ai is a site operated by Rainbird Technologies Limited (“We”). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 8599568 and have our registered office at Saxon House, Hellesdon Park Road, Drayton High Road, Norwich, Norfolk, NR6 5DR. Our main trading address is Seymour House, Muspole Street, Norwich, NR3 1DJ.
We are a limited company.
Changes to these terms
Please check these terms from time to time and take notice of any changes we make, as they are binding on you.
Changes to our site
We may update our site from time to time, and may change the content at any time.
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions.
Accessing our site
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of our site without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site.
Your account and password
Your registration to use our site as an approved beta tester is personal to you. Your login details and password form part of our security procedures and you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party or otherwise allow any third party to access our site using your registration details.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your login details or password, you must promptly notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Intellectual property rights
We are the owner of all intellectual property rights in our site. Our site is protected by copyright and database laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may download and print off one copy of the help and support documentation on our site including the Quick Start Guide, API Guide and RBLang Guide for your own use when using our site. These documents contain confidential information which we consider to be commercially sensitive. You must not show these documents in whole or in part to any third party. You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way.
No reliance on service
We make no representation or guarantees as to the length of time for which our site will be available or that access to our site will be uninterrupted. You are aware that the site is a beta site and that you have been granted temporary access as a beta tester. We advise you against making any application which is dependent upon our site available to third parties without first notifying those third parties that the application may only be functional for a limited period of time. We strongly advise you against making any commercial use of any application which is dependent on our site.
Limitation of our liability
To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to our site or any content on it, whether express or implied.
We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our site; or
- use of or reliance on any knowledge base on our site.
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation;
- or any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any content on it.
Using our Site and uploading content to our site
Whenever you make use of our site or of a feature that allows you to upload content to our site, you must comply with the use and content standards set out in this section.
You warrant that your use of our site and any content that you upload complies with the use and content standards set out below, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty.
You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or distribute any part of our site in contravention of the provisions of our terms of website use.
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
– any part of our site;
– any equipment or network on which our site is stored;
– any software used in the provision of our site; or
– any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any content that you upload to our site as well as to its whole.
- Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which it is posted.
Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that it emanates from us.
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Please note that any content you upload to our site will be considered non-confidential and, as a condition of your use of our site, you agree that it may be made available for use by all other beta testers registered to use our site. You confirm that you are the owner of all content that you upload to our site and that you are duly authorised to licence us to store your content for the purpose of allowing you to use our site and to make your content available to other site users.
In the event that any third party claims that any content posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy we will immediately remove all such content from our site and, upon production of an appropriate court order, will disclose your identity to the third party.
We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any content posted by you or any other user of our site.
We have the right to remove any content that you upload to our site if, in our opinion, it does not comply with the content standards set out in this section.
We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
Use of Your Data
- We may collect and process the following types of data about you:
- Information that you provide when registering with us and using our site and when corresponding with us regarding our site
- Technical information including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform
- Information about your visits to our site such as the pages you visit and the length of time you spend on a page
We will only use this information to allow you to access and use our site, to communicate with you regarding our site and to monitor, administer and improve our site.
We will not disclose your information to third parties except to the extent that we have a genuine business need to share your information with our technical or expert advisors or to the extent required by law.
Your data will be stored on our secure servers.
You are entitled to know what information we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. Please notify us in writing if you wish to exercise this right, specifying the information you require. We are entitle to charge you a fee of £10 towards our costs in complying with your request.
Please note that our site uses the following cookies:
rb_sid – a unique session identifier used to validate your login credentials. This cookie persists until you log out of our site.
“RAINBIRD” is a trade mark of Rainbird Technologies Limited.
To contact us, please email email@example.com.
Thank you for using our site.