Rainbird is looking for a wordsmith to bolster its ranks. Perhaps you wrote poetry as a child or were on the debate team. Or even penned song lyrics. Regardless, an authentic passion for words and their ability to shape behaviour is critical. And you’re probably in the first or second job of your writing career. You should, ideally, really believe you (and your words) have the ability to move people.
Rainbird is a celebrated intelligent automation software company and you’ll be joining a marketing team with a heavy emphasis on data and analysis—so, you should be (extremely) comfortable with technical, head-spinning, highly abstract subject matters. If you think of yourself as a polymath (or as close to polymathic as one can get these days), you’re probably in the right mould.
This role sits within the marketing team, which comprises 4 people—a multimedia and video specialist, a marketing executive, a head of marketing and you (the content writer). Our job is to help people understand what intelligent automation means and persuade those who need it that Rainbird is the platform they should buy.
Your job will be to take Rainbird’s positioning and product, and turn both into compelling stories, narratives and ideas that are persuasive and effective. By “persuasive”, we mean your words and ideas move people to take action. And by “effective”, we mean the actions people are persuaded to take have commercial value to the company. We don’t believe great ideas and making money are mutually exclusive—in fact, they go well together.
Your work will span a range of intellectually stimulating assets and contexts. We’ve parked billboard ads outside NHS Trusts to highlight a potential privacy issue. We’ve lobbied the government to make AI more transparent. We’ve written pieces about the future of AI in the New Statesman and other important publications. This will be your mantle to carry and transform.
Ideally, you’ll have experience with content marketing (e.g. blog posts, eBooks, SEO, emails, social media and the like), marketing basics (e.g. lead generation), sales collaboration (e.g. creating enablement assets), public relations (e.g. putting out press releases and getting coverage) and copywriting (e.g. writing ad copy and video scripts).
But, we’re flexible—we’re looking for a second or third-jobber, so you probably haven’t had a chance to run the gamut. Not to be cliche but… as long as you’ve got the hunger, attitude and aptitude, we’ve got room for you.
If you like the sound of that, please fill out the form at the bottom of this page.
- A degree in writing or a writing-related field is useful evidence of competence—but don’t be shy if you don’t have one (we know there’s more to a person than the opportunities they’ve had)
- Evidence of an ability to master and write persuasively about highly technical and abstract concepts or technologies
- Experience in a young software as a service (SaaS) business is highly desirable
- Experience creating eBooks, blog posts, emails and other marketing content
- Copywriting experience, especially for ads and video scripts
- Experience working in a lead generation-focussed marketing team
- A record (even a limited one) of creating content that generates results (e.g. leads and sales)
- Experience interviewing people and creating content based on those interviews
- Experience working closely with a sales team
- Evidence of an entrepreneurial streak and self-initiated problem-solving (you don’t need to have started a business—any instance where you chose to create something useful is good enough)
- Experience with public relations (PR), journalists and using PR software
- An ability to build relationships with and place content in relevant publications
- Competitive salary with regular benchmarking
- Company-wide wellness packages (including yearly flu jabs and therapy)
- Pension scheme
- Breakfast every Monday morning (when we’re in the office)
- Regular social events (on the company’s dime)
- Flexible working (yes, even before COVID-19)
Rainbird is an intelligent automation platform that enables companies to automate complex decision-making at scale. Automated decisions are typically 100x faster and 25% more accurate, while being fully explainable.
The Rainbird platform has two main parts: the studio (a no-code visual editor for modelling the decision-making processes of experts) and the inference engine (which uses the models created in the studio to automate decision making, at scale).
We’ve won a couple of awards and have some amazing customers—but we think you can help us get to a whole new level!