What’s the job?
The Head of Product reports to the COO and is responsible for aligning the product strategy to the business strategy, taking ownership of the full product roadmap, managing workstreams across multiple industry focuses, and overseeing the Rainbird Community. Currently the product estate at Rainbird includes the core platform, which has a full time Product Owner position in place, Blueprints and use case focused industry positions, productised consulting for accelerated deals and our new community initiative. Initially this role will be taking the ownership directly of the day to day delivery of product ownership for the industry and community focus while they are developed into a critical mass in need of their own management.
- A product leader with the capability to provide a clear and consistent product vision, owning and communicating with direction and purpose across the business
- Drive the various areas of focus and as they grow lead a team of Product Owners as discipline lead
- Responsible for the strategic direction, enhancement and performance of the entire technology/product roadmap
- Nurture an environment that focuses on client and market needs and on how to improve this through identifying product gaps
- Ability to translate strategies and/or business needs into high level requirements and technology roadmaps.
- Identify and explore opportunities that will provide high value and impact to our customers, building business cases that drive ROI at product and feature level
- Ability to solve problems and effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a dynamic environment
- Lead with flexibility and agility to balance multiple projects. Navigate through ambiguity and complexity to provide a clear path for your team to deliver on plan
- Results oriented problem solver, who can take the initiative and ownership to make things happen on time and with attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to establish rapport and build interactive relationships with key clients and partners
- Ability to communicate and influence peer and leadership teams effectively
- Maintain awareness of the wider automation market e.g. competitors, potential changes/risks
- Work with your team (initially Regulatory SME, Analyst) to develop initiative and complete those in progress around the key strategic business needs, interface with delivery teams to execute on plans and drive a cohesive product strategy and roadmap across Sales, Marketing and Platform.
- Experience in an IT leadership role with responsibility for one or more software product(s)
- Proven success in driving positive customer outcomes
- Experienced in automation, workflow or RPA technologies. A working knowledge of machine learning an advantage
- Experience in a collaborative working environment, drawing resources from across departments
- Using user data and customer insights to improve the overall customer service and experience
- Ability to define the Product Strategy roadmap that aligns to commercial and business goals
- Experience in implementing automation solutions such as RPA or other business process technologies
- In depth working knowledge of cloud-based enterprise SaaS/low code software, API integrations, and an understanding of at least one mainstream RPA solution
- Strong interest in intelligent automation and an understanding of ML, RPA and workflow solutions.
- Strong problem solving and prioritisation skills
- Strong written and spoken presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and adept at working with multiple stakeholders
- Ability to develop effective working relationships internally at a variety of levels and work closely with other departments such as Sales, Operations and Delivery
- Organised and analytical, able to manage multiple priorities and balance differing viewpoints to form a coherent strategy
- Ability to work well under pressure and prioritise work accordingly