Rainbird Technologies is a rapidly growing intelligent automation scale-up based in London and Norwich. We are undergoing a rapid period of expansion helping organisations automate complex decision-making through the use of our award-winning low code SaaS platform. To accelerate our growth we are looking to expand our development team with a junior software engineer who is keen to help us advance our platform whilst learning best practice development methodologies.
In this role you will be working within a small agile development team responsible for all aspects of the design, development, testing, delivery and maintenance of the Rainbird intelligent automation platform, delivering to production every 2 weeks and making constant improvements towards full CI/CD. This provides a great opportunity for exposure to different challenges using different languages and technologies. Working in a highly skilled, creative and friendly development team you may be working on advancing our Studio application, where users encode their decision-making logic in our intuitive UI, our inference engine that automates decision-making or our API that allows clients to integrate Rainbird into their processes.
- Support the inception of new features by understanding user issues and proposing solutions
- Work with the product owner and development team to break work down into small deliverables for estimation and prioritisation
- Build new features for internal and external users
- Uphold high engineering standards and always try to leave the codebase in a better position than how you found it
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the business to support the delivery of new features, troubleshoot Platform issues and discuss potential enhancements
- Support enhancements to our development and deployment pipelines to work towards continuous delivery
We are looking for someone who:
- Is keen to work in a small team with big responsibilities
- Takes pride in delivery of quality software with good test coverage
- Enjoys picking up and implementing new tools and frameworks
- Has the ability to think from a user’s perspective
- Works well in a team by contributing and listening to ideas before arriving at a technical solution
- Has a passion for software development and can show interesting personal projects they’ve been working on
- Experience with one or more programming languages at university or self-taught
- Commercial software development experience is desirable but not essential
- Knowledge of and an interest in using Test-Driven Development (TDD)
- Knowledge and experience with any of the following would also be useful:
- Styled Components
- Working with containers
- We’re a small, successful and close-knit scale-up growing fast within the intelligent automation market.
- We’re used to performing to a high standard and delivering great services to our clients around the world.
- We’re friendly, sociable and enjoy working together.
- We hate standing still and are constantly developing new ideas and launching into new markets.
We are creating ground-breaking change and transformation: come and join us