We have a vacancy for a Knowledge Engineer within the Operations and Delivery team. Your focus will be working with clients and partners to work with business analysts to transform domain expertise into powerful Rainbird models that deliver efficiency, improve customer outcomes and drive new AI powered products and services. This is a client facing role, working on multiple live projects, communicating with stakeholders face-to-face as well as via video and webinars. Our team of Knowledge Engineers are friendly, with excellent communication, analytical and documentation skills.
The Rainbird Operations and Delivery team sets the gold standard for implementing solutions on the Rainbird Platform and we provide a wide range of services to our clients and partners, from needs analysis and consultancy to solution builds and on to support and training.
Key to this role is the ability to capture and interpret business logic that our clients are seeking to incorporate into automation solutions. You will then use this to build innovative Rainbird models that meet the client’s needs. You will become an expert in automation and use of the Rainbird platform and will maintain your skills by keeping abreast of new features. You will contribute to the product roadmap.
You will also act as a conduit between the platform development team and end users, conducting user acceptance testing and identifying opportunities to improve our technology. You will support end users by managing support requests in line with our service level agreements.
Building strong relationships with clients and partners is key to our growth model. This role is client-facing and will require strong stakeholder management skills. Very likely you have come from an RPA development or business analysis background and have the ability to take complex processes and knowledge and distill them into an effective automation solution.
We don’t expect prior experience in Artificial Intelligence or automation but experience with RPA technologies or other business process platforms or some experience in computer science is a clear advantage.
The role is full-time. We operate a flexible working policy although you will be based in either our Norwich or London office. Working virtually from home remains common, due to Covid-19. The client facing nature means some travel nationally and internationally may be required when applicable.
- Becoming an expert in the Rainbird platform and maintaining this skill through keeping abreast of new features and the product roadmap.
- Engaging with clients to implement Rainbird projects.
- Building relationships with clients and proactively working to find new opportunities for Rainbird projects.
- Contributing to client proposals and Statements of Work.
- Supporting colleagues in sales, pre-sales and marketing by providing high quality materials and collateral related to Knowledge Engineering such as presentations, as well as appearing on promotional videos and webinars.
- Working with the training lead to identity and deliver coaching to clients and partners to up-skill them in using the Rainbird platform.
- Supporting the platform development team by conducting user acceptance testing and identifying requirements for new platform features so that they meet your clients needs
- Providing end user support in line with our support model and service level agreements.
We are looking for:
- Someone with a spark of creativity and drive to try things that have not been done before.
- A team player. You must be adept at leveraging the skill and strengths of your colleagues, working together to achieve goals.
- Stakeholder management skills. You will be comfortable in developing and maintaining relationships and communicating effectively with a wide range of audiences.
- The ability to represent our technology in the context of other technologies and client systems.
- A self-starter. We need people with the confidence to be proactive. Although a member of the Knowledge Engineering team, you will often be working alone with a client.
- A passion for technology and a flair for picking up new technical skills quickly.
- A change agent. You must be comfortable in a rapidly evolving environment and be the sort of person who focuses on solutions, not get paralysed by problems.
- Experience in identifying project challenges and escalating them appropriately.
- Skill in documentation and report writing. A proven ability to be detail, deadline, and results-oriented.
- Experience of getting the most out of platform technologies, ideally RPA, business process or rules engines.
- Experience with web technologies such as JSON APIs, would be advantageous
- Experience of working with multiple stakeholders on a project..
- Experience working directly with clients both in a face to face and a virtual environment.
- Demonstrable experience working in an agile environment.