Lead Knowledge Engineer
We have a vacancy for a Lead Knowledge Engineer within the operations and delivery team. You will be practice lead for a team of experienced Knowledge Engineers working on multiple live client initiatives.The role also involves working with key clients and partners on Rainbird automation projects.
Your positivity, vision and passion for excellence will resonate through the team and ensure that we continue to offer the highest possible standard of delivery. This is a client facing role, where you will support the team in their work on critical client projects.
As the lead Knowledge Engineer, you will be an excellent communicator with superior analysis and documentation skills. You will thrive on leading a team to success and have the ability to demonstrate a clear history of coaching a team for success.
The Rainbird Operations and Delivery team sets the gold standard in implementing solutions on the Rainbird Platform and we provide a wide range of services to our clients and partners, from needs analysis and consultancy to solution builds and on to support and training.
You will lead a team of experienced knowledge engineers, running daily stand ups, weekly meetings and managing and helping each of them to succeed. You will need to accelerate your understanding of the tools capabilities and ensure you are driving the skills of the team.
Working closely with each member and the team will create goals for personal development which will be in line with the company’s overall strategy but importantly the KE involved.
Alongside your team responsibilities, you will have the ability to adapt processes, evolve our build standards and work closely with our Sales team to support regular pre-sales activity, either directly or through your team.
You will become an expert in the Rainbird platform and will maintain your skills through keeping abreast of new features and the product roadmap, working with the platform development team to ensure the boundaries of capabilities within the work are constantly tested and expanded.
You will also act as a conduit between the platform team and end users, conducting user acceptance testing and identifying opportunities to improve our technology. You will support end users by managing support requests in line with our service level agreements.
Building strong relationships with clients and partners is key to our growth model. This role is client-facing and will require strong stakeholder management skills. Very likely you have come from an RPA development or business analysis background and have the ability to take complex processes and knowledge and distill them into an effective automation solution.
We don’t expect prior experience in Artificial Intelligence or automation but experience with RPA technologies or other business process platforms or some experience in computer science is a clear advantage.
The role is full-time. We operate a flexible working policy although you will be based in either our Norwich or London office. Working virtually from home remains common, due to Covid-19. The client facing nature means some travel nationally and internationally may be required when applicable.
- Lead by example in the quality and creativity of what is possible in the Rainbird platform
- Becoming an expert in the Rainbird platform and maintaining this skill through keeping abreast of new features and the product roadmap.
- Work closely with the Head of Delivery to plan and ensure high quality decisions are made in relation to project resourcing.
- Building a strong and stable team of Knowledge Engineers
- Setting meaningful team and individual goals
- Running regular one to one meetings and annual and bi-annual reviews
- Running regular peer reviews of all client Rainbird implementations, and joint builds to share knowledge with both clients and the team
- Engaging with Clients to lead the Implementation phase of Rainbird Projects.
- Building relationships with Clients and proactively working to find new opportunities for Rainbird projects.
- Contributing to Client pre-sale proposals and Statements of Work.
- Supporting colleagues in Sales and Marketing by providing high quality materials and collateral related to Knowledge Engineering such as presentations and appearing on promotional videos and webinars.
- Delivering coaching to your team, clients and partners to up-skill them in using the Rainbird platform.
- Understanding the importance of getting our clients to a level of self sufficiency.
- Supporting the Development team by conducting User Acceptance Testing and identifying requirements for new platform features.
- Providing end user support in line with our support model and service level agreements.
We are looking for:
- A team player. You must be adept at leveraging the skill and strengths of your team and ensuring they each provide the best possible solution for the client
- Stakeholder management skills. You will be comfortable in developing and maintaining relationships and communicating effectively with a wide range of audiences.
- A self starter. We need people with the confidence to be proactive.
- Someone with a spark of creativity and drive to try things that have not been done before.
- A passion for technology and a flair for quickly picking up new technical skills.
- A change agent. You must be comfortable in a rapidly evolving environment and be the sort of person who focuses on solutions, not problems.
- Experience of project work in identifying project challenges and escalating them appropriately.
- Skill in documentation and report writing. A proven ability to be detail, deadline, and results-oriented.
- Experience of working with multiple stakeholders on a project.
- Experience working directly with clients both in a face to face and a virtual environment.
- Demonstrable experience working in an agile environment.
- Demonstrable experience of running and coaching a team.