What’s the job?
The presales team is responsible for scoping and providing technical solutions for new & existing customers.Understanding the aims of each potential client and being their technical and business design voice throughout the early stages of engagement.
Responsible for actively driving and managing the deal acceleration process (called Pathways) with direct customers and partners, the presales Business Architect must be able to articulate Rainbird’s technology and product offering, positioning to both business and technical users, working alongside the Account Executive to bring Rainbird to life in the prospects world. The Business Architect will identify customers’ requirements prior to designing a solution, consulting with technical teams about capabilities, and supporting business sales teams, account managers and partners on proposal activities.
- Attend meetings with potential qualified Clients to determine technical and business requirements and ensure that all necessary information is collated prior to proposal submission
- Provide technical solutions in a professional manner and to agreed timeframes
- Own the technical response to RFPs.
- Own and run any of the deal acceleration processes (called Pathways).
- Work closely with the account managers.
- Run customer demonstrations during the sales cycle.
- Create and confidently deliver technical presentations internally and externally
- Work with Product Management to feedback on issues with current products and provide input around new requirements
- Builds productive relationships internally and externally, fostering teamwork by keeping colleagues updated on activities
- Able to understand business drivers and risks involved to the customer and to Rainbird, articulating the value proposition and opportunity value
- Represent and fit into context any technical solutions to the customer with professionalism and enthusiasm
- Provide accurate and timely management information, to include – activity reports, bid reviews, project forecasts, KPI’s
- Produce compelling sales proposals/commercial and technical documentation outlining the cost savings and business benefits to clients
- Where relevant, interface with the implementation / project team, articulating customer requirement, to ensure smooth transition from pre-Sales to Delivery
- Ability to demonstrate Rainbird’s products and technologies effectively to audiences of varied technical knowledge
- Experience in implementing automation solutions such as RPA or other technologies
- Minimum of 3 years experience working in early project and deal cycles alongside sales colleagues
- Understand the importance of a healthy bridge between sales and delivery
- In depth working knowledge of cloud-based enterprise SaaS/low code software, API integrations, and an understanding of at least one mainstream RPA solution
- Strong interest in intelligent automation and an understanding of ML, RPA and workflow solutions.
- Strong problem solving and prioritisation skills
- Strong written and spoken presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and adept at working with multiple stakeholders
- Previous experience of requirements gathering, design and solution building and the ability to replicate this in a commercial setting
- Ability to develop effective working relationships internally at a variety of levels and work closely with commercial departments such as sales, operations and product development
- Organised and analytical, able to eliminate sales obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches
- Ability to work well under pressure and prioritise work accordingly