Senior Software Engineer
Location : Norwich (remote within the UK may be considered)
Salary: Dependant on experience
Position: Senior Software Engineer
Rainbird Technologies is a rapidly growing intelligent automation scale-up based in London and Norwich. We are undergoing a rapid period of expansion helping organisations automate complex decision-making through the use of our award-winning low code SaaS platform. We are currently looking for a full-stack senior software engineer to join our team and help us advance our platform.
Within this role you will be working within a small agile development team responsible for all aspects of the design, development, testing, delivery and maintenance of the Rainbird intelligent automation platform, delivering to production every 2 weeks and making constant improvements towards full CI/CD. This provides a great opportunity for exposure to different challenges using different languages and technologies.
Working in a highly skilled, creative and friendly development team you may be working on advancing our Studio application, where users encode their decision-making logic in our intuitive UI, our reasoning engine that automates decision-making or our API that allows clients to integrate Rainbird into their processes.
Whilst we strive to ensure our team is capable of working across our entire stack, this particular role will be focussed primarily on backend development where you will be leading the ongoing improvement of our reasoning engine. The experience we are looking for is primarily one of demonstrable computer science knowledge, an interest in performance and algorithmic challenges and good knowledge of server-side technologies and languages.
- Support the inception of new features by understanding user issues and proposing solutions
- Work with the product owner and development team to break work down into small deliverables for estimation and prioritisation
- Build new features for internal and external users
- Uphold high engineering standards and always try to leave the codebase in a better position than how you found it
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the business to support the delivery of new features, troubleshoot Platform issues and discuss potential enhancements
- Support enhancements to our development and deployment pipelines to work towards continuous delivery
We are looking for someone who:
- Is keen to work in a small team with big responsibilities
- Takes pride in delivery of quality software with good test coverage
- Enjoys picking up and implementing new tools and frameworks
- Has the ability to think from a user’s perspective
- Works well in a team by contributing and listening to ideas before arriving at a technical solution
- Has a passion for software development and is keen to share ideas and knowledge to improve the team/the platform/the company
- Has previously worked in Scrum teams and has a good understanding of Agile software development
- 5+ years of software engineering experience with one or more programming languages
- Experience working with Go or another strongly typed language.
- Comfortable using TDD
- Knowledge and experience with any of the following would also be useful:
- Working with containers
- Previous experience working on the delivery of enterprise SaaS software would be an advantage
- We’re a small, successful and close-knit scale-up growing fast within the intelligent automation market.
- We’re used to performing to a high standard and delivering great services to our clients around the world.
- We’re friendly, sociable and enjoy working together.
- We hate standing still and are constantly developing new ideas and launching into new markets.
We are creating ground-breaking change and transformation: come and join us