Rainbird Technologies is a rapidly growing intelligent automation scale-up based in London and Norwich. We are undergoing a rapid period of expansion helping organisations automate complex decision-making through the use of our award-winning low code SaaS platform. To accelerate our growth we are looking to expand our development team with a software engineer to support internal, client and partner projects to build solutions on top of the Rainbird platform.
Within this role you will work closely with Sales and Client Success, including customers and partners, on multiple initiatives to understand requirements, design solutions and build applications using different technologies that demonstrates the power of the platform and accelerates the time to value for our customers. As part of the role, you will also work closely with the platform development team responsible for all aspects of the design, development, testing, delivery and maintenance of the Rainbird intelligent automation platform, consuming the platform’s APIs, feeding in requirements and occasionally being involved with platform development directly.
This provides a great opportunity for exposure to different challenges using different languages and technologies and working in a small team where you can make a big contribution.
- Support the inception of new projects by understanding user issues and proposing solutions
- Work with Sales, Client Success and the platform team to break work down into small deliverables for estimation and prioritisation
- Build new features for internal and external users
- Uphold high engineering standards and always try to leave the codebase in a better position than how you found it
- Support enhancements to our development and deployment pipelines to work towards continuous delivery
We are looking for someone who:
- Is keen to work in a dynamic role tackling a wide variety of problems
- Understands the benefits of POCs and pilots, but proactively considers how these can be converted to long-term solutions
- Takes pride in delivery of quality software with good test coverage where appropriate
- Enjoys picking up and implementing new tools and frameworks
- Has the ability to think from a user’s perspective and suggests user improvements
- Is commercially aware
- Works well in a team by contributing and listening to ideas before arriving at a technical solution
- Communicates effectively and feels comfortable speaking in front of clients
- Has a passion for software development and is keen to share ideas and knowledge to improve the team/the platform/the company
- Has a good understanding of Agile software development and worked in teams using Scrum or Kanban
- 2+ years of software engineering experience in a commercial setting or sufficient evidence of personal projects. Agency experience would be beneficial
- Experience using different front-end libraries, with React being preferable
- Comfortable using TDD
- Knowledge and experience with any of the following would also be useful:
- Styled Components
- Working with containers
- Experience of UI/UX design and usage of tools such as InVision and Sketch would be advantageous but not essential
- We’re a small, successful and close-knit scale-up growing fast within the intelligent automation market.
- We’re used to performing to a high standard and delivering great services to our clients around the world.
- We’re friendly, sociable and enjoy working together.
- We hate standing still and are constantly developing new ideas and launching into new markets.
- We are creating ground-breaking change and transformation: come and join us