Rainbird is a cloud-based decision intelligence platform that uses neuro-symbolic AI to simulate human-like reasoning to solve the toughest problems.
Rainbird are seeking an experienced software test engineer to join our product development team responsible for advancing and maintaining the Rainbird Platform. Working as part of an Agile Scrum team you will be responsible for ensuring our customers receive high quality and well-tested software.
You will ensure efficient, effective and economic testing across our platform using appropriate strategies and techniques. You’ll conduct functional and non-functional tests of our application, creating automated tests to enhance the existing test suite and manually testing new changes. You’ll support and maintain our test automation effort and manual test scripts with respect to implementation of new features, existing features or bug fixes. You’ll participate in agile ceremonies like daily scrums, sprint reviews and retrospectives, and proactively identify improvements and enhancements to the platform.
This role will be based in our Norwich office but Rainbird supports flexible hybrid working with only one day (Wednesday) per week expected in the office.
- Manually testing new product developments
- Designing, writing and maintaining manual test cases
- Designing, building and maintaining automated tests alongside an existing automation engineer.
- Retesting and verifying fixes
- Identifying and logging bugs/faults
- Remaining aware of new testing tools, frameworks and trends and suggesting improvements to the testing strategy
What we are looking for
- At least 2 years testing experience, including manual and preferably automated testing.
- A great team player who can fit into the Platform Scrum team and work in a friendly and collaborative environment to deliver the best customer outcomes
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to describe expected application behaviour and defects
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Great estimation and time management skills to ensure testing can be completed in sprint
- Investigation skills using root cause analysis to isolate issues
- Experience using CI