Service level agreement
These support standards describe the services that Rainbird Technologies Ltd will provide to contracted customers under a Rainbird Subscription Agreement.
In the event of conflict or ambiguity between these support standards and the terms of the Rainbird Subscription Agreement, the terms of the Rainbird Subscription Agreement will prevail to the extent of any conflict or ambiguity.
This agreement covers the software and services below:
|Rainbird Studio Environment||Visual and XML modelling interface software|
|Rainbird Runtime Environment||Restful API service to the inference engine which provides reasoning based on the authored knowledge maps|
This agreement applies only to the components listed above and within volume limits specified in individual customer licences. Additionally:
- This agreement does not cover problems caused by using Rainbird in a way that is not recommended, without prior written agreement from Rainbird Technologies Ltd.
- This agreement does not apply if the customer has failed to pay agreed invoices on time.
Rainbird responsibilities: Rainbird Technologies Ltd will maintain and support the Rainbird platform in the following ways:
- Monitor and maintain the Rainbird platform.
- Make upgrades to the Rainbird platform to include new functionality and apply bug fixes.
- Respond to customer support requests received via ‘phone, email or submitted to the customer help portal in line with the SLAs below.
- Make commercially reasonable efforts to meet the SLA response and resolution times detailed below 90% of the time.
- Subject to the terms of the Rainbird Subscription Agreement, Rainbird Technologies Ltd will make commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the Rainbird Runtime Environment is available 99.4% of the time. In the event that Rainbird Technologies Ltd does not meet the goal of 99.4% uptime for the Runtime environment in a given week, customers will be eligible to have their subscription extended by one hour for every minute of outage experienced.
Incidents are defined as a disruption that prevents users from using the Rainbird platform. In other words, any operational event that is not part of the standard and normal performance of the Rainbird platform.
|Component||Incident||Impact||Response Time||Resolution Time|
|Rainbird Runtime Environment||Service outage||Full interrupt. Customers unable to access Rainbird applications||30 minutes||1 hour*|
|Rainbird Runtime Environment||Performance degradation||Rainbird applications are not performing at expected levels||1 hour||24 hours|
|Rainbird Studio Environment||Service outage||Customers unable to create new or edit existing knowledge maps||1 hour||2 hours|
|Support for Incidents on the Rainbird Runtime Environment provided 24 x 7|
*In the unlikely case of a runtime service outage, a continuous effort will be made by Rainbird to restore normal service as quickly as possible.
Other service requests include support with errors or problems accessing the Rainbird platform, or for account maintenance. Service requests are supported 08:00 to 18:00 on UK standard business days.
|Service Request||Response Time||Resolution Time|
|Technical support with accessing the platform such as user account management or other issues which totally prevent usage||2 hours||4 hours|
|Technical problems with using the platform, for example, a specific error message or another issue which does not prevent all usage but is disruptive||4 hours||8 hours|
Premium Studio Support
Rainbird’s Premium Studio Support service provides licensed Rainbird Authors access to our team of expert Knowledge Engineers to help with the development of Rainbird projects. Our team are on hand to help with any issues when working with the Rainbird Studio, to advise on best practise, and to support with integration of knowledge maps. Premium Studio Support services are available to Rainbird Authors who are on a current subscription that includes Premium Support and have completed and passed the Rainbird Foundation training programme.
Premium support includes the following services:
- Unlimited telephone and email support*.
- Advice on how to start knowledge maps for particular use cases.
- Advice on best practise and map optimisations.
- Support on how to debug and test knowledge maps.
- Support with rule writing.
- Support with integrations, including help using our APIs and working with third-party integrations.
- Support integrating with external data sources.
Rainbird Premium support is available 08:00 to 18:00 on UK standard business days. Response time for premium support requests is 4 hours, resolution time is 12 hours. * Telephone consultations are limited to a maximum of 30 minutes per call. There is no limit to the number of calls a licensed Rainbird Studio Author can make under this plan, however new calls can only be booked once existing calls are completed.
Customer Support Channels
Rainbird customers can access support in a variety of ways: